The wait is finally over!! Just four days ago, Poco hinted at the launch of it’s new smartphone, the Poco F2 Pro, on May 12. And today, Poco unveiled the long-awaited successor of the Pocophone F1 via a launch event. The Poco F2 Pro, as rumors have suggested earlier, is basically the international variant of the Redmi K30 Pro.
- Display: The Poco F2 Pro sports a 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED notchless display. The refresh rate is surprisingly just 60 Hz.
- Processor: The F2 Pro is powered by the latest Snapdragon 865 SoC with full 5G support.
- RAM: It comes in 2 RAM variants: 6GB or 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM.
- Storage: There are 2 storage options: 128GB or 256GB of fast UFS 3.1 storage.
- Rear Camera: The F2 Pro features a quad camera setup on the back- The primary camera is a 64MP Sony IMX686 sensor with 1/1.7” sensor size, a 13MP wide angle camera with 123° field of view, a 5MP telemacro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor.
- Front Camera: The front camera is a 20MP shooter and is built into a pop-up module as we saw earlier with the Redmi K20 Pro.
- Battery: The Poco F2 Pro gets a 4,700 mAh battery with support for 30W fast charging.
- OS: The F2 Pro runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 with Poco Launcher 2.0 on top.
- The Poco F2 Pro is just the rebadged variant of the Redmi K30 Pro 5G just as the Poco X2 was the rebadged variant of the Redmi K30 4G.
- The Poco F2 Pro is designed to have a much more premium feel than its predecessor, the Pocophone F1, which had a plastic body. The F2 Pro exhibits a glass body that is held in place by a metal frame. Both the front and the back glass are protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 5.
- The back of this phone also has a good glossy finish just like the Poco X2 which was launched earlier. Although, we don’t have those cool gradient effects on the Poco F2 Pro as we saw with the Redmi K20 Pro.
- The refresh rate of the display on the Poco F2 Pro is just 60Hz. That’s a bit of surprise as the much cheaper Poco X2 Pro had a 120Hz screen.
- The F2 Pro has NFC support and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- The device also features an IR blaster, which is a popular feature of Xiaomi devices to control your home appliances from your phone as a remote control.
- Poco has implemented the “Night Mode 2.0” for capturing better night shots.
- Poco claims to be using a 5MP telemacro lens. This is used for capturing really close macro shots of an object. As they claim, “2x more macro”.
- Finally, the Poco F2 Pro is capable of shooting 8K videos at 30 fps. Although, I’ll take it as a gimmick as many people in the world currently don’t have 8K screens anyway to watch the captured content.
- An essential feature for Netflix, Amazon Prime users: unlike the Pocophone F1 (where you could only view content at a maximum resolution of 540p), the Poco F2 Pro has the Widevine L1 certification. You can, therefore stream HD & FHD content on the F2 Pro.
- The Poco F2 Pro supports both 5G mmWave & sub-6 Ghz band. Therefore, you can enjoy 5G speeds out-of-the-box if your area has a 5G network.
- The Poco F2 Pro is available in four color variants- Neon Blue, Phantom White, Electric Purple, Cyber Grey.
Pricing & Availability
The base variant of the Poco F2 Pro with 6GB RAM & 128GB of storage is priced at €499 (about Rs. 41,000) while the top-end variant with 8GB RAM & 256GB of storage is priced at €599 (about Rs. 49,000). The Poco F2 Pro is currently available only in Europe and can be purchased from either Alibaba or Gearbest.
Will the Poco F2 Pro be released in India?
The answer is No. Although some rumors state that this phone will be brought to India as the Redmi K30 Pro (as it was launched in China). Hence, it will replace the Redmi K20 Pro. Also, given the recently released Xiaomi Mi 10 pricing in India has received a lot of negative feedback from tech blogs and consumers, we expect Xiaomi to price this device (if it makes it to India) fairly. I ‘d say the price between Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 35,000 will be fair enough.