We’re all used to the standard Windows interface, which has a Start button and a taskbar that displays the apps that are currently running. The icons on the taskbar in Windows 10 are by default oriented to the left.
However, if you want, you can center the taskbar icons. Personally, I am really loving it and find it really handy when I did this on my PC.
There are numerous third-party applications, such as TaskbarX, that can assist you in achieving this. However, installing an application solely for this reason does not appear to be a feasible choice. Fortunately, Windows 10 has a hack that allows you to center the taskbar icons on your PC by following a few simple steps.
Without any further ado, let’s get right to the steps:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
- Before we proceed, we must first unlock the taskbar in order to modify it. To unlock the taskbar, click the button below the heading “Lock the taskbar and turn it Off.”
- On the Taskbar Settings page, scroll down a little. Set the taskbar placement to the bottom, and then choose Always combine taskbar buttons. Please see the image below.
- Disable the Windows search bar if you have it enabled. To do so, right-click on your taskbar and select Hidden on the Search section.
- Right-click on the taskbar again and choose Links from the Toolbars section. When you’re done, you should notice a Links toolbar on the right side of your taskbar.
- Click and hold the || icon next to Links, then slide it to the left and then let go of the click.
- Locate the || icon next to your app drawer (Please refer to the image). Click and hold the icon, then drag it to the right to the middle of your display. This will move your icons to the center of the screen.
- If you followed all of the steps correctly, your taskbar should look like the image below.
- Right-click on the Links icon and uncheck the Show Text and Show Title options. This will remove the Links label from your taskbar, making it look cleaner.
- The final step is to lock the taskbar again. Right-click on the taskbar and select the Lock the taskbar option.
That’s it! You now have a taskbar in the center of your screen, which looks great, especially with the dark theme and a nice background.